Saturday, February 25, 2006

More Vegas Pictures

Jeeze! Where does the time go? Forgive me for I have sinned, it has been 12 days since the last Blog update. ;-)

OK as promised the other two batches of pictures from our Vegas trip.

World of Concrete - Las Vegas

Harrah's Car Collection - Las Vegas

After using Flickr for the past months I dove in to the Pro account. I have been very very pleased with the online storage and editing capability of their site so I thought it was a good investment going forward. So I think I will most likely have the majority of the pictures hosted through them from now on.

I am very serious about the time thing though, I am not sure if I just need to better organize my time or if I have way too much on the go but as I try to get much done I am running out of time daily. I am getting things done, but seem to be adding more and more to the plate all the time. Ah well at least it is good stuff being added.

I am enjoying this book recommended by a good friend in Prince , the book is called "A Short History of Progress" By Ronald Wright and is part of the CBC Massey lectures 2004 series, a great overview can be found here. I love these kinds of thought-provoking books, ones that you have a tendency of reviewing again and again (either through your head or by picking up the actual book and re-reading chapters). I do now wonder about the other lecture series books, wondering if they will also attract me as strongly as this book did. It is just one of the books that forces you to re look at our past and present, and to clearly reassess the defining moments of our race as well as those that have continually brought each great "civilizations" both to power and eventually to destruction. It forces you to apply those same presets in action to the future by seeing the patterns in our past. I very very good read I would recommend to anyone who likes to think through a book.

EOF - LC

No comments: