Thursday, March 26, 2009

Master Bedroom outer shell almost done

Another Quick update:


It has been a busy two weeks, working 7 days a week, with Joe, Vince and Ian on the expansion. It's great to work alongside those who know how things are to be built. I am learning a lot from them. This physical work is a very rewarding though, great to see and make progress with our expansion. We put the trusses on yesterday, and are to begin the sheathing today. I called a few roofing companies for quotes' yesterday, I had hoped to do the roof myself but with the time available we may have to hire someone in instead.


Unfortunately I had a piece of 1/2 plywood come down and guillotine my upper part of the foot, bruised right through to the underside, so I was hobbling around the job site yesterday. Fells much better today, still limping but at least I can put weight on it.

We have our French Doors for the Master Bedroom, they are Low-E and we ordered the same glass for all the windows in the room (5 others - it's going to be a very light room). Now that it is almost shelled up you can really get a feel for how big it is. Ali and I are just starting to figure out the inside decorations, with a lot of help from Ian ,he has done many homes in England and has been a wealth of information and help while here. More about Ian on another post as it is pretty interesting why he is here in the first place.

Well here is the link to the new pictures, as well posting a couple of Joe and Vince working, yes I work too but not when holding the camera. ;-)

EOF -LC

No comments: